This week the Afterschool Alliance launched its latest COVID-19 program provider tracking survey. This wave asks questions about what programs are doing this summer, as well as questions about fall plans. As with past surveys, if they get at least 30 respondents representing your state, we will share state specific data with you.
To help, below is sample outreach language—both email and social—that you can use to help promote the survey to your network.
Thanks for helping spread the word on the survey!
We also urge you to check out:
- A great new data dashboard that combines findings from the first four waves of program survey data collection
Sample Posts to Promote the Survey
- We must continue to tell the story of the ways COVID-19 is impacting our programs and the kids and families we serve. Let your voices be heard by taking Afterschool Alliance’s short survey that closes at 11:59 PM PDT, 6/27. Start the survey here: https://3to6.co/survey
- Please take a few minutes to complete a survey by the Afterschool Alliance to continue tracking the effects of COVID-19 on afterschool and summer programs! As a thank you, 50 respondents will be randomly selected to win a $50 cash prize. Start the survey at https://3to6.co/survey
- How is #COVID19 is affecting your #afterschool or #summerlearning program? Please take 10-15 minutes to share with @afterschool4all your summer plans and what your plans are for fall. Complete the survey: https://3to6.co/survey
- Take a short survey on how COVID-19 has impacted your summer programs & fall plans for a chance to win a $50 cash prize. Survey closes 6/27. https://3to6.co/survey
Your voice matters: Help continue to raise awareness of afterschool and summer programs’ role during the pandemic
This summer will be one for the books. As states begin to lift statewide coronavirus-related restrictions and vaccinations continue to roll out, the public is hopeful for a return to normal in the near future. A recent survey of parents of school-age children found that nearly two-thirds say that they are comfortable sending their child to in-person summer activities.
By taking Afterschool Alliance’s short survey, you are helping document the ways in which the pandemic continues to impact your program, the supports your program is providing to the children and families in your community, and lift up the short- and long-term effects of COVID-19 on the afterschool field as a whole.
All those who complete the survey will be entered into a drawing for the chance to win one of 50 gift cards in the amount of $50! Five winners will be selected at random each week the survey is open.
This is the fifth wave of the Afterschool in the Time of COVID-19 tracking survey, with findings from previous waves shared with federal policy makers and featured in publications such as Education Week and Youth Today.
The survey should take no more than 10 minutes of your time and your responses will be anonymous. The survey will close 11:59 p.m. PDT, Sunday, June 27.
Thank you for sharing information about your afterschool and summer programs! Start the survey at https://3to6.co/survey
If you need assistance completing the survey, please contact Lydia Redway at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like more information about the research, please contact Nikki Yamashiro at email@example.com.