Tennessee Afterschool Network, United Ways of Tennessee, and Volunteer Tennessee are excited to host the 2023 National Service-Learning Conference with the National Youth Leadership Council (NYLC). The NYLC is the only major national education conference that provides service-learning professional development to a diverse audience.
The 34th Annual National-Service Learning Conference will be held April 2-5, 2023 in Franklin, TN. The National Service-Learning Conference is the largest gathering of youth and practitioners from the service-learning field, drawing nearly 500 attendees from across the United States and several other countries.
For more info on registration or to become a presenter, please visit https://www.nylc.org/page/SLCHome2023. For your convenience, please review our upcoming deadlines related to the National Service-Learning Conference. You can also review the full press release here.
Please note: Volunteer Tennessee annually hosts the Tennessee Conference on Volunteerism and Service-Learning, but will merge its sessions with the National Service Learning Conference in 2023.
What is the Tennessee Conference on Volunteerism and Service-Learning?
The conference is the Volunteer State’s leading event for organizations, educators, and individuals engaged in service and focused on making change in their communities.
The annual Tennessee Conference on Volunteerism and Service-Learning aims to increase service and volunteerism across Tennessee. The conference will encourage service leaders and participants to collaborate to address needs in Tennessee while utilizing service as a vehicle for education and change. We are challenging our participants to understand the impact of utilizing service as a vehicle for community change.
Our main audiences for the conference are all service leaders across Tennessee, including but not limited to:
- Non-Profit and Volunteer Management professionals
- National Service Programs (AmeriCorps and AmeriCorps Senior staff and members)
- Service-Learning Practitioners (P-16)- In partnership with the Tennessee Service-Learning Consortium (TN-SLC) the conference includes a Higher Education Faculty Track for college and university participants committed to promoting active citizenship as an aim of higher education.
- Government Leaders
- Corporation/Businesses- The conference offers a day of Corporate Social Responsibility workshops
- Students- The conference includes a Student Track