Here are two of the latest efforts from Kiaser Permanente to support schools in fostering healthy school environments, whether those environments are virtual or in-person.
First, in collaboration with the Truth Initiative, Everfi, Alliance for a Healthier Generation, and the American Heart Association, they’ve developed Vaping: Know the Truth e-curriculum, a free, anti-vaping resource to foster tobacco-free school environments. The curriculum provides educators with teaching and learning resources to educate youth on the dangers of vaping. An accompanying Tobacco-Free District Assessment is available for school and district leaders to use to build on existing tobacco policies and practices in their district and strengthen tobacco-free school communities.
Second, through a collaboration with Discovery Education and Alliance for a Healthier Generation, we’ve expanded Resilience in School Environments, or RISE, initiative to include a new series of e-learning modules known as Ready, Set, RISE!. These no cost, on-demand learning resources inspire transformational learning experiences for students and educators by reinforcing the foundational importance of human connection and empathy in schools. The first two modules in the series — Trauma-informed Care and Well-being and Cultural Humility and Equity — are available now with two additional modules planned for early spring. Collectively, the first two modules provide educators with the tools to foster well-being and collective care at the individual, group and organizational level, along with enhancing cultural competency skills.
Share these resources with you teams and school community. For more information about the anti-vaping curriculum or Ready, Set, RISE! visit the links provided below.
Anti-vaping and tobacco-free school resources
- Learn more about the launch of Vaping: Know the Truth with Kaiser Permanente, Truth Initiative, Everfi, and American Heart Association.
- Access the Vaping: Know the Truth e-curriculum for youth.
- Find more information about the Tobacco-Free District Assessment and additional resources on Alliance for a Healthier Generation’s website.
Ready, Set, RISE! e-modules for educators
- Learn more about the launch of Ready, Set, RISE! with Kaiser Permanente, Discovery Education, and Alliance for a Healthier Generation.·
- Get started today with the Ready, Set, RISE! e-modules.