With generous support from the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation, YSA will award Afterschool Grants of up to $500 each to support youth-led service or service-learning in afterschool programs. Grants are offered on a competitive application basis and open to any afterschool program that meets the following requirements:
- Grantees will engage at least 50 youth as volunteers in service or service-learning projects between November 2019 – May 2020;
- Grantees agree to submit an online impact report by May 31, 2020;
- Preference will be given to programs that engage a large percentage of youth from underserved communities;
- Applicants should focus on engaging middle and high-school aged youth;
- Applicants may work locally, regionally, or statewide. Afterschool coalitions are encouraged to apply and may be eligible for multiple grants;
- Applicants must be based in the United States; and
- Activities can take place any time between November 1 and the end of the 2019-2020 school year. We will provide additional planning resources to grantees for MLK Day of Service (January 20, 2020) and/or Global Youth Service Day (April 14-16, 2020); participation in both of these days is optional.
For assistance in preparing your application, please review YSA’s Youth Changing the World Toolkit and other free planning tools in the YSA Knowledge Center. For project ideas, please visit YSA’s Idea Center.
View the scoring rubric that YSA will use to review your grant application.
Applications will be accepted through Friday, October 4th at 11:59pm your local time. Please contact Karen Daniel, Vice President of Programs, with application questions at email@example.com.
Visit http://ysa.org/grant/afterschool/ to get started.