- Quick Facts About Afterschool in Tennessee
- Afterschool Works! in Tennessee
- Afterschool Overview
- Impact of Afterschool Programs
- Impacting Afterschool in America
- Summer Learning
Quick Facts About Afterschool in Tennessee
Provided by the Afterschool Alliance (more statistics and information about Afterschool in Tennessee can be found here).
- In Tennessee, 17% (170,645) of K-12 youth are responsible for taking care of themselves after school.
- Of all Tennessee children not currently enrolled in afterschool, 31% (263,754) would be likely to participate IF an afterschool program were available in their community.
- 92% of parents in Tennessee are satisfied with the afterschool program their child attends.
- 18% (179,897) of Tennessee’s K-12 children participate in afterschool programs, including 21,786 kids in programs supported by the U.S. Department of Education’s 21st Century Community Learning Centers initiative, the only federal program dedicated to afterschool.
Afterschool Works! in Tennessee
Afterschool and summer learning programs help Tennessee’s students succeed. Afterschool programs help students do better in school, improve their work habits, and graduate. The programs engage students in enriching experiences that foster leadership, collaboration, and responsibility. In Tennessee, nearly 180,000 children and teens are enrolled in an afterschool program.
- Download the National Afterschool Works! Brochure
- Download the Tennessee Afterschool Works! Brochure