WE’RE GOING DIGITAL FOR SATURDAY, OCTOBER 24
Saturday, October 24, is National Drug Take-Back Day. Please join us as a digital ambassador to build awareness about addiction to prescription pain medications and to encourage people to drop off their unused medications.
It’s easy being an ambassador. You can follow us on Facebook or Twitter and simply like and share (or retweet) our posts. Or, you can use the artwork, videos, and suggested posts below and customize them across your own channels. Feel free to change the materials to suit your needs, or use them to create your own. These materials are courtesy of the CDC, the DEA, and CountIt!LockIt!DropIt!
FIND A LOCATION NEAR YOU
Use these links to find a drop off location near you.
DEA Link: https://takebackday.dea.gov/#collection-locator
East TN: https://countitlockitdropit.org/east-tennessee/
Middle TN: https://countitlockitdropit.org/middle-tennessee/
West TN: https://countitlockitdropit.org/west-tennessee/
Follow this link to the CDC page for PSAs that promote October 24.
SAMPLE SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS (FB, TWITTER, OR INSTAGRAM)
- Don’t be an accidental drug dealer. Join us on Sat., Oct. 24 at locations across TN on the DEA’s National Drug Take-Back Day. Join this event to find a site near you, then drop off your old, unused prescriptions. https://countitlockitdropit.org/events/
- 64% of Tennesseans know someone addicted to prescription drugs. Don’t be a dealer. Count your pills, lock them up, and drop off your unused drugs on Oct. 24, National Drug Take-Back Day. Find a location near you: https://countitlockitdropit.org/events/
- TN collected more than 10 tons of pills in October of 2019. Help us do it again on Oct. 24. Count It! Lock It! Drop It! at a location near you. https://countitlockitdropit.org/events #TakeBackDay
- (Your Organization) is working to increase education and awareness around opioid abuse and prevention. Join our mailing list at
- Prevent the abuse and misuse of prescription #opioids. Count It! Lock It! and Drop It! on Saturday, Oct. 24. #TakeBackDay
- Safe #opioid storage and disposal can prevent abuse. Count It! Lock It! and Drop It! on Oct. 24 #TakeBackDay https://takebackday.dea.gov/
- 60% of patients say their doctor or pharmacist did not tell them about the potential for #OpioidAddiction. Dispose of your left-over meds on Oct. 24 and learn more at https://takebackday.dea.gov/ #TakeBackDay
- Last year, 6 million Americans misused controlled prescription drugs.
#TakeBackDay events on Oct. 24 provide an opportunity for Tennesseans to prevent drug addiction and overdose deaths. Join us:
- Tennessee is 13th in the nation for #opioid deaths. #PreventOpioidAbuse – properly dispose of your unused medications on Oct. 24 at drop boxes located in participating law enforcement offices or pharmacies across TN. #TakeBackDay https://countitlockitdropit.org/events/
- TN is 3rd in the nation for #opioid prescriptions. In 2017, TN had more opioid prescriptions than citizens. Reverse this trend – don’t be a dealer. Drop off your unused meds on Oct. 24. #TakeBackDay
- The 19th Annual Prescription Drug #TakeBackDay is Oct. 24. Keep track of your prescription pain meds, don’t share, and drop off any unused meds at a location near you. #PreventOpioidAbuse
- 9 out of every 10 Americans who are at least 60 years old say they have taken at least 1 prescription drug within the last month. Don’t be a pill pusher! Join us on Oct. 24 to drop off your unused meds. #TakeBackDay https://takebackday.dea.gov/
- Don’t be an accidental pill pusher. Join us on Oct. 24 at sites across TN on National Drug #TakeBackDay. Follow this link to find a site near you, then drop off your old, unused prescriptions. https://countitlockitdropit.org/events/
At this time we are waiting for the DEA to update their art collection with new dates. In the meantime you may use your own art work, especially if you are hosting a take back day in your area.
Right click to save photos and artwork to promote Take-Back Day or to build prescription abuse awareness throughout the year.