A Train the Trainer Event from United Way of the Mid-South
United Way of the Mid-South announces a new curriculum, developed in partnership with the ACE Awareness Foundation, which will support youth workers in integrating what they have learned about Adverse Childhood Experiences and Resilience into action through a Trauma Informed Approach.
This two-hour, online event will be held on Thursday, May 6, beginning at 10 a.m. Eastern Daylight Savings Time or 9 a.m. Central Daylight Savings Time. To register for this FREE event, follow this link: https://uwmssupportingyouth.eventbrite.com
The curriculum is a 6 module training series covering the following topics:
- Learning About Adolescent Development and the Brain
- Understanding ACEs and Toxic Stress
- Helping Young People Build Social and Emotional Skills
- Explaining Trauma, Toxic Stress and the Brain to Youth
- Applying Trauma Informed Lens to your Work
- Fostering Your Emotional Health
This Train-the-Trainer event will provide an overview of “Supporting Youth: A Trauma Informed Approach” training curriculum and presentation guide.